Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Listen



Annabel Greene seems to have the perfect life. At least that is what she portrays in her modeling shoots. In her shoots she has it all: friends, a cute boyfriend, a happy life... what else is there? In Annabel's reality there is more than just what lies on the surface. Her friendship with Sophie ended bitterly, her sister's eating disorder is tearing the family apart, and Annabel seems to have gotten pushed aside. What's a girl to do? Being isolated at home and at school Annabel retreats into silence. That is until she meets Owen. Owen Armstrong is somebody Annabel could never have pictured being friends. He is music obsessed and determined to always tell the truth. With Owen's help Annabel learns to just listen to her heart and gains the courage to speak honestly. Is this enough to tell everyone what really happened the night she and Sophie stopped being friends? Read Just Listen to find out!




This book was an amazing read. Sarah Dessen is an outstanding author and all of her books are wonderful! If I were to rate this book on a scale from 1-10 I would have to rate it an 8. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a great book. So get out there and read!

5 comments:

Carly said...

Woohoo! Another book review! Yea! :D
Really great job, Loves to read 339... (whatever it is; I can't remember it right now! :( )

This, too, is a must read. What a sweet and lovely book. We just LOVE Sarah Dessen!

Super job on the post!

LovesToRead said...

It is 339273... I think I may change it though. Although it is kind of late for that considering the year is over :)

Thank you!!!

Carly said...

Oh... okay! I will (try) to remember that!
S'OK! Change it all you want! :0)

Welcome!

Ari's Girl said...

I still need to read that!

fmride3397 said...

I wish I could read this... **sniffles** It was a really good review, though.