Sunday, April 19, 2009

Millions and Billions of Books

For everyone out there wondering, this isn't a book review, it's pre- and post-book excitement. There are so many books that have come out recently and many more soon to come out, and I wanted to whet everyone's appetite by talking about them a little bit.

One book that has come out recently is Handle with Care, the latest addition to Jodi Picoult's abundance of captivating books. I am on the waiting list for it at the library, and I am so excited! Jodi Picoult has long been an author that digs up the dirt on all those unspeakable topics, and her writing is incredible. I advise everyone to check this book out, and I will make sure to let everyone know how it is after I've finished it!


 
Did everyone hear the exciting news about Fablehaven 4? Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary came out on March 25th! I am waiting to read it bcause I want to read the first three Fablehaven books again before I pick up the fourth, but I am really looking forward to it! Go Kendra and Seth!



And then we can't forget Starclimber! The third book in the Airborn series, Starclimber   came out early this year. I absolutely LOVED it! All Kenneth Oppel fans, rejoice at this amazing sequel to Skybreaker


There are so many books that will be coming out this year... Along for the Ride, for one. This is Sarah Dessen's newest book, and it will be coming out on June 16, 2009! As an avid Sarah Dessen fan, I am very enthusiastic for her new book. Here is a video on it:


Yet another book to look forward to: Being Nikki by Meg Cabot. Being Nikki is the sequel to her cute and sweet Airhead, and it will be released in 16 days! (May 5, 2009!)


Eeek!

Last of all, of course there is Catching Fire, the eagerly awaited sequel to the intense and moving book by Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games. There is no set date for the release of this book, but we know it will come out sometime this year in September. I know I can speak for many others when I say we are all very, very excited for this book!


Anyhoo, I just wanted to let you all in on the book news! :) Please let me know if you have information any recently released or soon-to-be-released books! 

10 comments:

Carly said...

I hope this is OK, Mrs. Bastow, that I did this!
:) I just wanted to make a post of all the newly released and soon-to-be-released books...
Let me know if it's OK. Thanks!

Ari's Girl said...

Catching Fire is the sequel to The Hunger Games?!?! I can't wait!! Being Nikki, May 6! yay! Oooh, I can't wait!
Great Job!

Carly said...

I know!! I am SOOO excited!! Yea!!
Thanks!

fmride3397 said...

I loved Starclimber too!!!!! :D
Also, to Ari's Girl, Being Nikki comes out the 5th not the 6th. Also coming out on the 5th of May is the fifth and final Percy Jackson and the Olympians book!!!! **excited jump** It is called The Last Olympian! Eeeek!!!! I'm soooooooo excited!!!! But sorry to the Percy/Rachel fans, I am rooting for Percabeth ALL THE WAY! I have been since the first book and always will be! :D

Also, according to Amazon.com, Chasing Fire comes out September 1!!!! **another excited jump**

Here’s the summary:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

**sighs** I love it when new, amazing books come out. :D

Carly said...

Thanks for commenting!
I disagree; I think Being Nikki comes out on the 6th!! But anyhow, I think I will start reading the Percy Jackson series because I only got through the first one. So I will have to begin reading those soon.

Starclimber was amazing! And I am super excited for Chasing Fire! It sounds sooo good. Thanks for the summary!
:) :P ;) ;D B)

Ari's Girl said...

Three words: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Carly said...

Happy Percy Jackson day, everyone! I unfortunately have not read all the books in the series yet, but I am sure that many are celebrating the release of the final Percy Jackson book!

Also: looking forward to Being Nikki's release!

Carly said...

I hope everyone is enjoying the final Percy Jackson book!

I do want to apologize for my mistake; fmride3397 was right: Being Nikki came out yesterday on May 5. Sorry about the slip-up. I hope everyone gets a chance to pick it up at the book store. I am sooo looking forward to it!

fmride3397 said...

Oh yeah. fmride3397 was right. **does a victory dance**

Carly said...

Who has read Being Nikki yet? Is it good? I am SO excited to read it!

7 more days until Along For The Ride comes out!